First thing this morning as I was merrily driving to work listening to my tunes..I come around the corner and there is a "Road Closed" sign...so I go the long way around to find parking (only street parking available here) and there are no parking signs all over the place! I drove around for a few minutes but was five minutes late by this time so I just park in a two hour parking spot and hustle my butt into the office.
The girl who is training me was back today from her extra long weekend. She talks incredibly fast and jumps all over the place - she will slow down when asked tho so that's nice. Anyway, so we were going through a bunch of filing and other odd jobs and she showed me a tonne of binders/computer files/booklets etc. That in itself was information overload. Then, she gave me a few things to work on while she caught up on her e-mail and phone messages.
Then - she tells me that something is really wrong with her computer and she can't print or even check her e-mail or get into her files...So, for the next hour and a half she is on the phone with the IT guys at IBM trying to get that figured out. Meanwhile, I've long since finished my tasks and spent my time trying to get familiar with the place and chatting with a coworker.
Another problem was that the computer I am supposed to be working on doesn't have the account set up for me yet which means no e-mail, no access to much needed files, etc. PLUS the program I was working on for data entry (when i was downstairs temping at reception) isn't loaded on that computer! The data entry is one of the big projects I will be working on for the next few weeks to get caught up on and it was frustrating that I couldn't work on it.
By now it's lunch time and I had already gone out once to check and make sure there wasn't a ticket on my car and to move it to the other side of the street. I went out again at lunch and came back in and the four of us sat in the conference room for lunch.
Before we knew it it was time to get back at it. Her computer was fixed, mine had the program loaded onto it for the data entry BUT the guy didn't set it up which meant another half hour on the damn phone with him. But it got done and I got to work - FINALLY at 2pm!! At 3:30 pm I went to do some photocopying well what a pain in the ass that was! The machine kept jamming up and you'd do what it told you to do then suddenly there was another area it wanted you to pull paper out of and another and another after that. SHEESH. So I had to get a coworker to help me with the first jam cuz seriously there are a zillion places for the paper to jam up and I was really frustrated.
So anyway, she fixed it, left and I proceeded to photocopy only to have about 5 copies done before it jammed again. I fixed it, it jammed again and again and then I got to get the rest done. By this time it was 4:10 and time to run upstairs dump it off and leave for the day.
I get home and Mark and I had an errand to run. Got home after that and I was stressed right out and went on the couch to watch Little House on the Prairie and explained to Mark that he had to leave me alone for awhile because I was at my breaking point.
Well - a few minutes later he asked me something and I lost it. I was crying like a frigin baby and went into the bedroom and told him to tell my Dad that I had a headache and was resting and didn't want dinner. I felt bad cuz he didn't do anything wrong and I know he felt awful.
So yep - that was my day. I am going to bed very soon and will pray that tomorrow is a better day !! :-)
Thursday, August 10, 2006
Stressful Day!
Posted by Care at Thursday, August 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Whew! Sounds like a combo of frustration and pregnancy hormones. Peace....
Aww hun.. gotta love hormones!
I hope you have a better day today!!!
Post a Comment