Thursday, November 02, 2006

Last night I pulled a muscle in my back and it was so very painful that we went to the ER to get something for it because I couldn't lay down, sit up or walk without it being so very sore. Well, after waiting quite awhile we finally got in to see the doctor and because I had a baby recently, they decided to er on the side of caution and test me for a bunch of stuff to make sure that it wasn't anything more serious than a pulled muscle. So, I had a bunch of bloodwork done, x-rays and an ECG. After a few hours the results were all in and everything was okay.

During the looong waiting period they'd given me Tylenol and then Percocet which did help a little bit.

After the doctor had given me the final okay to go home....I was getting dressed when the nurse just walked in without any warning and I yanked my shirt back on...well I pulled ANOTHER MUSCLE! This time I couldn't hardly stand it, it hurt so bad.

The doctor came in again and suggested a shot of Morphine which I basically had no choice but to take.

The doctor administered the shot and I had to wait 20 minutes before I could go home. THANK GOD the shot worked! I could walk again and...I was so doped up and out of it. It actually felt so good to feel NOTHING! Oh i was so thankful to that Doctor for giving me the good stuff!!!

Mark thought it was pretty amusing though because I was talking a little funny and looked "weird".

Anyway we got home at 7am and went straight to bed and slept until noon.

And it was a bonus that Mark took the day off - YAY bonus time with my husband :-) :-)


4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Ugh.. pulled muscles. Yuck. I hope that it doesn't happen again.

Anonymous said...

Glad all is fine...hope that the pain is gone.
hugs Linda

Anonymous said...

Hardly bonus time, when you are hurting like hell and on Morphine too!!

Peter

Anonymous said...

Be careful now... don't like it too much! Jess