Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Thanks Guys!

Glad to see that people still read this blog even though I have been sooooo horrible at updating it the last few months.
Sometimes there isn't enough time and sometimes there just isn't anything to write!

So you know about all the work we have done around the house. I will post pictures of that once we get the 'new' computer back from being repaired and I can upload them onto the computer. I am tired of waiting and waiting and waiting for this ancient machine to do stuff so will do it all with the new computer when it arrives - again.

I have been searching on WestJet every single day for over a month now waiting for a seat sale to come up. We bought our tickets to Ottawa already on a seat sale which was great. Now we need the same luck for our return flight which will be from Moncton, New Brunswick to here, Calgary. I will be honest...there was a seat sale on the day we wanted to return but we stupidly didn't buy it the second it was there because we got busy and later that day we went to purchase it and the sale was OVER! OMG we were so disappointed and mad at ourselves for being procrastinators.

Flights are expensive. It will cost over almost $500 to fly from Moncton to here. Who has that kind of money...I sure don't! So, please PRAY that we get a lucky break again.

We are so excited about our upcoming trip. We leave on July 26 and return on August 13 ish...

We haven't been back East since our wedding in 2005 and we are so very excited to see the family again. We decided that since we didn't get to spend as much time with our two sisters in Ottawa last time that we would fly there first to get some extra time with them so that is awesome!

PLUS I have a cousin who lives in Toronto, her name is Leslie, and we haven't seen eachother since 1992 or so and we decided to make a trip to see her. Well we're kinda meeting between Toronto and Ottawa as it's a loong drive.

We're going to stay in Prince Edward County for a night with her and her boyfriend Dave. So on July 28th I will finally see her agin and I am super excited about that.

After that, we go back to Ottawa and hang out with the family and then we pile into the mini van and drive allll the way to New Brunswick and from there alllll the way to Nova Scotia for the wedding of Mark's dear cousin, Todd and his lovely bride to be, Jen. It is all so exciting. And I finally get to meet Mark's Aunt Linda and Uncle Ronald. Linda and I have been e-mailing and msn'ing a lot since we lost our son, Caleb, and she has been so amazing and I am excited to meet her! YAY!

This is going to be an awesome trip and we can't wait!!!!! Love you all so much!!!

I suppose I have procrastinated long enough and I should get some chores done around the house.

Byeee for now!

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Sounds like an awesome trip. Those seat sales are sticky, eh?

Anonymous said...

See Carrie,
While you are off galavanting around the Country seeing different places and people, I am getting the Grand Tours of the City Emergency Departments, and meeting some new nursing staff, and some that I have met before. Is that the same as meeting old friends?

Anyway,
re: seat sales home from Moncton, that isn't far from Halifax so why not see IF there are any seat sales home from there, and compare with the added cost of getting to halifax or even Fredriction or St. John NB. Maybe worth your while, even booking standby seats instead of real seats!!

Peter

Unknown said...

Hi Carrie:
Dave the WestJetter here (both a WestJet employee and an owner too). I know what you mean about those seat sales. I do have a way for you to watch for things a little more easily. If you go to www.westjet.com, and download GetSet, you will get sales delivered to your PC as they go into the market. This gives you the first chance to buy them before they sell out.

Hope that helps!
Dave from www.westjet.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Carrie, so glad that the time has come for us to meet, im really excited, going to give you one big huggggggg...