I once told a wise man that I didn’t have time to read the Bible. He responded by telling me that the choice of whether or not I read the Bible was why Jesus died on the cross for my sins. I started reading my Bible again.
Then I once told a very close friend a lie. He responded by telling me the decisions he made were based upon my Christian witness. I have long since told the truth.
A man once told me his deepest secret which I quickly whispered to another. After hearing his secret repeated he told me the reason he told me was because he needed a Christian friend that would listen and pray for him. I no longer take information I am entrusted with so lightly.
I once was involved in gossip and the friend who it was about found out. Now I have learned to guard my tongue and not fall into that "trap."
I once told a friend that I prayed a small prayer for him and his family everyday and he cried. He said it was not the prayer that made him cry --- it was that I had taken the time to think of him. Now I pray for friends and family often.
Once I told a wise old Pastor my Christian dreams and visions. He smiled warmly then asked if I ever planned on putting them into practice. I now choose to spend my days very differently.
Prayer: Father thank you for helping me learn each lesson to grow closer to you. In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen!
Author unknown
Sunday, June 18, 2006
Lessons in Life:
Posted by Care at Sunday, June 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment