Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Not a terribly uplifting note I'm afraid

Well what can I say - it's a super hot day and the house is almost unbearably hot.
I went downtown at lunchtime today to meet a friend for a walk. It was really nice to see her and also to go for a walk by the river. It wasn't too hot because there are lots of trees to keep the pathway shady.

Afterwards I came home and the phone rang...It was the temp agency that I interviewed with yesterday calling me for a job already! Just a short one...Friday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday for 8 hrs/day. The pay is only $12/hr but that's okay - it's better than nothing to start with!!!

I am so glad that I am finally feeling well enough to go back to work. It hasn't been that fun sitting around the house feeling sick all day and knowing that I should be working and need to be working....

Last night I measured my waist and discovered that I have grown a whole TWO inches already and I am only at 11 1/2 weeks!!!!

Some of you may know that I have issues with my weight and even though I know that gaining weight and getting bigger right now is a really good thing - at this point it's still really hard for me because I worked so hard to get "skinny" and at this point I just look "chunky" and not pregnant and yes, I know I shouldn't care what other people think but I do! This is something that I really need to work on because the last thing I want to do is pass on my insecurities to my child!


Mark just got home from work and he is exhausted. I feel so bad for him as he has been so stressed out lately with this job he is running. It isn't like him to get this stressed about work or anything for that matter so you know it's gotta be real bad. My poor lil sweetheart. Two more months or less and this job should be completed - thankfully! After that he will be okay :-)

Well that's all I have time for now as I have to finish getting dinner ready. Mark just went over to his brothers to get some propane as we just ran out! Grr!!

Hope everyone is doing good! Byeee.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Awww hun...
You will get through it.. and you will see that beautiful baby and realize how worth it is was!
And don't worry.. because you have had the strength to realize what "insecurities" you have and you will teach your child how to be strong and self confident...
You will be an amazing mom.. don't worry! :)

Elizabeth said...

just keep up the good work growing a beautiful little baby.
I can understand how you feel. It' hard to let go of things we are so used to thinking about

Anonymous said...

Just seeing IF this works,
Carrie, you are doing just fine, no need to worry, you are supposed to gain weight, and for everybody the amount is different! All the best,
Peter

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»