Today started off not so well because I didn't sleep very much last night and I am very tired today.
I got a call from the doctors office this morning saying that they had the results of my ultrasound and wanted me to come in to discuss them....well normally the walk-in clinics don't call you unless something is wrong so needless to say I was a teeny tiny bit worried even though the lady who did the ultrasound said things were good.
My Dad needed to get a prescription filled too, so I asked him to come along. Now listen to this...I had a shower, fixed my hair and my face and he STILL WASN'T READY!!! I guess my Dad is one of those rare guys...he sure took a long time. Of course, it's partially to do with that pony tail of his - it has to be JUST right when he is going out in public...HAHAHAHA!!
We finally got to the clinic and then waited for half an hour. I finally get called into the examination room and the doctor comes in and asks what I am there for so I tell him. He searches all through the chart but can find no ultrasound results and well I was getting kinda annoyed so I suggested that he go and talk to the girls out front. He came back in with a big grin on his face and handed me the sheet.
It said that baby is doing well thusfar and on Monday was approximately 11 mm long and that the fetal heartbeat was detected at 135 bpm. So then we talked a little bit about how I've been feeling and if I'm eating the right things and all that. So, everything is fine but he said I should rest as much as possible right now because the first three months are crutial.
Well - I have plenty of time for rest right now being unemployed and all :-(
The examination is over and I head out the door and there is my Dad in the room beside me pacing back and forth because he is bored and hates waiting. I chatted with him until the doctor came in and headed next door to the grocery store.
I bought watermelon - MMMMM I LOVE watermelon!!
Anyway, so I did that, Dad got his prescription filled and we headed home. Fixed a quick lunch and Dad decided that he wanted lasanga for dinner...so back to the grocery store we went for cottage cheese and such.
While we were there my sister called and when she found out that Dad was out and about she asked me to bring him over to her house as he's NEVER been there before!! So, that's what I did...we went over there and spent a few minutes and then Kell came back with us. She didn't come alone though...she is looking after this Boxer, a white boxer, oh so adorable but is deaf. Anyways, so they came back here and he and Rocco had a good ol time playin around in the yard and in the house.
Kellie's boyfriend, Jamie came over just before dinner...mmm lasanga was so good but I was so disappointed in myself...I could hardly eat any! Damn why can't I be turned off food when I am trying to lose weight - it would make things so much easier!! LOL.
Mark talked to his sister Ethel and told her the news...cept she had ALREADY heard! Hmm...who spilled the beans??????????? Now we are just waiting for Maggie to call us back, hopefully tonight before she finds out too...or maybe she already knows?????
Well, I suppose I have rambled on long enough for one night.
Chat later...love you guys!!
Thursday, June 01, 2006
What a day!
Posted by Care at Thursday, June 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
well care let me tell you, when i was pregnant i could hardly eat, i just wasnt interested in food.. i asked the doc if it was normal he said it totally was, lots of women lose weight while pregnant, just dont keep losing is the thing. see i told you things would be fine, love ya lots.
farrah
CONGRATS!!!!
We are all so very excited for you.
Keep blogging because we will be looking for updates.
Love you
Doucet Family
Oh my goodness congrats on the pregnancy!!!!!
All the best; keep us posted
holy moses omg your pregant, wtgggggggggggggggggg, wow, congrads..wait till I tell Ronald, lmao...
omg, I cant believe this,,..lol...
hugs Linda
Post a Comment