The surgery went okay. I was in the hospital from 6:00 a.m. until 8p.m. that night. Only three marks on my stomach and one bigger cut in my belly button where they insterted the camera and pulled the gallbladder out. ICK. LOL
For the first 2.5 days I was on Percocet every 5 hrs which was pretty nice...wasn't feeling too much pain and it made me sleepy which was good.
Today has been better... I am able to get in and out of bed almost on my own and I even took a shower today all by myself! Progress is being made!
Over the weekend our friend Ron came by and we watched a movie "The Devil Wears Prada". It was okay. Anyway, he spent the night and the next day we played this game called "Skip-Bo". It was fun. I used to play that game when I was younger...always when we were on our camping trips. Every night of the trip we spent playing cards. Those were nice times because my Dad wasn't as busy with his work and actually got to spend some real time with us.
My other Dad and Mom called today to see how I was doing. I love to hear from them. Dad always has a few new jokes to tell.
My real Dad is having some computer problems and so he actually had time to spend with us and we played "Skip-Bo" - a short game but fun. Dad hardly ever spends time with us like that so it was nice.
Well that's about it for now. I am going back to bed. Thanks to everyone who sent e-mails, called and who left comments on the blog to send their love and prayers etc.
Monday, December 18, 2006
Hi
Posted by Care at Monday, December 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Glad to hear that everything went ok! Skip Bo is a great game! We used to play it all the time when I was young too! Take care
Glad to hear you are feeling better!
Hope your recovery continues to go along well!
Have a great Christmas :D
Im glad all went well care, i knew you would be alright. nothing to worry about.
take care and have a speedy recovery.
love ya
farrah
Wow... at least that is over with.
I am sorry for not checking in earlier, I am having hard days myself. I know you can relate.
My sister is on Percocet for years now, day in day out. They don't really know what she has, some doctors say severe pelvic instability, some say reuma, some say endomitriosis, and others say other things. Fact is that she is always in pain and can't sit, stand, lay in one position for longer than a few ours. A movie is painful, a simple car ride impossible, shopping for more than an hour ... well, you get it. Be glad that you are off the pills and back to normal life from here on. Hurray for 2007, we can try to leave all behind and start fresh.
Merry Christmas. Jessica
GLAD THAT ALL IS GETTING BETTER, JUST TAKE YOUR TIME FOR THE HEALING....NEVER HEARD OF THAT GAME, HM MUST CHECK IT OUT...HUGS TO ALL AND MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR, LOVE YOU BOTH..
HUGS LINDA
GLAD THAT ALL IS GETTING BETTER, JUST TAKE YOUR TIME FOR THE HEALING....NEVER HEARD OF THAT GAME, HM MUST CHECK IT OUT...HUGS TO ALL AND MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR, LOVE YOU BOTH..
HUGS LINDA
Post a Comment