Wednesday, July 18, 2007

What I Miss....

I miss "my lake" so much. What a beautiful place to grow up...lake in the backyard with plenty of room to roam. I was lucky.

I miss it all the time. It provided something beautiful and serene to look at and it provided entertainment both in summer and winter.

Oooh how I loved to lay on the beach and suntan and swim and swim and swim some more! I was like a fish...LOL. It was so relaxing.

In the winter it was perfect for winter fun like skating.

I can't figure out why exactly I moved away from such a beautiful province to come here. I am not a city person and obviously never will be.

I have tried to be satisfied living here in the city but it just isn't working. I need to be near water. I don't even care if it's BC water or NB water. I just need to be in a prettier place where there is room to BREATHE! Being in a city is like being trapped in a cage.

Anyways, I don't mean to sound so negative... LOL.... we are going to move but we just have to wait one more year now. I can handle that, I think!

So now I leave you with a few pictures of Lucky on the beach and one of myself back in the day. Isn't it beautiful there?!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey carrie,great pictures!i as well grew up on that lake and you are right it was a great place to grow up. i raised my kids there and hope they feel the same way about it.i still miss it everyday and it has been almost 20 yrs since i lived there,but it sure is nice to visit,looking forward to doing that soon!take care linda(ninny)

Anonymous said...

I love this picture of you Carrie! You look so happy and carefree.

Also, even though I love living in a city (Vancouver) I know what it feels like to feel trapped in the city. I lived in London (UK) and if I didn't take fairly regular trips away I felt like something was missing from my soul. I think that doesn't happen to me in Vancouver because of my proximity to the beach and the mountains. Your beach will be waiting for your arrival :)!

xoxo Alayne