Friday, January 12, 2007

My time away

Well as I mentioned before, I haven't been in Calgary for the last week. I took off on the bus on Jan 2nd and headed for Kamloops, BC. I stayed in Kamloops at a hotel so that I could have some much needed time to myself. I saw a few very dear friends, Bradley Dean and Lori and I also hooked up for dinner with a highschool bud, Crystal. I also hooked up with a Farrah and her husband, Brett. It was real good to see them both.

My other Dad picked me up and took me to Savona and I stayed with him and Mom for a few days. That was my favourite part of the trip. I miss those two so very much and we had a really good visit. The highlights of seeing them was the trip we took to Merritt. They both lived there before and they showed me their old hangouts, places they used to live, and places they used to work. Dad is the perfect person to travel with because he knows every interesting spot to check out in the area.

Other than that we just stayed home and relaxed and visited and all that. Mom started teaching me how to crochet, too.

The trip was too short tho - I missed Mark so much that I chose to go home instead of staying an extra day...trouble is that now I miss THEM a lot! LOL.

While I was in Savona I also spent the night with my old neighbour, Bev. We went to my old church on Sunday and then went out for dinner with a couple from the church.

Sorry to the friends that I didn't get to see while I was in Kamloops. We'll be back in the summer and I'll try to see you then. This trip was mostly just so that I could gain some of my strength again. I feel a bit better now so the trip was worth it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carrie received your email, and totally understand, glad you got away for a bit, sometimes it best just to be by yourself, to think everything out...and do hope that you have sorted some things out, dam I know how hard everything is for you, and just wish some of us were closer to you guys, so we could help, well I hope things will come together for you soon,its going to take time, and remember one day at a time, ok....hugs and love to Sparkie for us...XXXXOOOOOO

Elizabeth said...

So glad that you had time to refresh on your own. We'll catch up next time, no worries. I've missed reading you. Glad you are back!
Blessings and peace...